Monday, December 1, 2008

Traditions






Ever since Rob and I have been married and even before we had kids, we have had the tradition to put up our Christmas tree and our holiday decorations the day after Thanksgiving. We love Christmas. We usually put on Christmas music to get us in the spirit and Rob always put up the tree, lights and garland and then I help put on the ornaments. I am glad he likes to do that part of it, if I did it, who knows what the tree would look like. I think I might have put the garland on one year, and it was very uneven and didn't look to good- so, I think from that point on, Rob has done that part of it. I put the other decorations up through the house, so I guess it is all good.

We still have the same tree, garland and most of the ornaments that we initially bought as a young married couple- the garland is bright red ( wouldn't be my choice today) but we will not get rid of it, I guess because it is sentimental.

Anyways, over the years, we have added ornaments and every year we would pick out a new ornament. Now that we have children, they get a new ornament and when they are a little older, they will get to pick it out themselves. This year, Jake received a Thomas the Train ornament and Owen received two bears reading "The Night Before Christmas".


1 comment:

Granny Gus said...

Creating traditions and memories ... is one of the best 'gifts'... I so enjoy peeking into your living room ...Az. Kisses