Friday, August 7, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends.....







Hi


I have been quiet here on the blog lately- Thank you all for the sympathy and kind words about Jo. We are still missing her, but I know, as time goes on, our sadness will turn to the great memories we have of her and the years she was with us. Thanks Kris for the card and the supplies for a memory album of Jo.

We are looking into the future and Rob and I have accepted the fate we have and are going with the flow regarding the sale of our house and our eventual move. In the meantime, we are spending our days and our "free time"- that is, time away from work -and enjoying family time and trying to live in the moment!

Here are some recent pics- I bought some sunflowers the other day- just to brighten up the house- it has been a little gloomy . I found these really big, sunflowers with purple stems and leaves- never have seen those before. Anyhow, I put them in a vase Rob bought me a few years ago- that I love- it is purple with melted colored glass within the vase. I put it on our dining table. Andrew Weil always said you should have fresh flowers in your home- and I couldn't agree more- there is something happy about that!

Jake was helping his bud, Owen, share his ice cream- too cute - thought you all might enjoy that- Jake being a nice BIG brother.

Owen's room is very colorful, and has all his toys and books in there, yet, he seems to always wander into Jake's room- I think it is due to his race car bedspread from his Grandma Gus, or the CARS bedspread we use as back up. I guess "the grass is always greener" in the other bedroom.

For my birthday, from my parents, I got a Haiku bag ( thanks Paula for the inspiration) I love it- it has all these pockets and is a crossover bag so it is HANDS FREE- great with the kids!!!!!

1 comment:

Granny Gus said...

We are having fabulous temps here .... last 2 nights we shut off A/C and opened up :) Won't be long and OG Grampa Gus' nickname for Owen will have his own 'big bed' .... glad you are in the day .... it is a good time. I enjoyed the sunflowers, they are a spirit booster, kisses, Mamacita.