Thursday, October 14, 2010

potty training


I found this picture of O when he was a newborn. It seemed like he has always done things early. It is like he knows.
This look on his face tells me, that he knows- it is kind of a little smirk of a smile and I think he was only 4 -6 weeks old!!!!!
He's talking pretty well now, but it can be very soft spoken. Then all of a sudden, all this personality comes out - out of the blue. He is an observer and I think all of this time, he was taking everything in.
We are TRYING to potty train him. He isn't really interested. In order for him to go to preschool- the next phase, he must be potty trained. So we are working with the school to help us- he is wearing underwear during the day and not enjoying making a mess of them.
Last night, he was in underwear and in the span of an hour and a half, he had 2 potty accidents. Needless to say we have towels everywhere and hoping we can move out of the pull up phase- at least during the day.......then we ran out of clean underwear.....

I think I am going to have to get more underwear for home since most of it is at school...... maybe I will let him pick out what he wants.......At times, I miss having a baby..... but I wish he would be potty trained....they say boys are harder than girls....... Wish us Luck!!!


2 comments:

lattegram said...

All of a sudden he will get it!

Granny Gus said...

It is his power ... when he is ready it will be easy. Borrow someone's baby to get your 'baby fix', so much fun & a nice break for the mommy :) Happy Friday & celebrating my 'potty training days' long over .... a frustrating time :(