Thursday, May 7, 2009

I "HEART" Tulips




Do you know, I love Tulips?

They are one of my favorite flowers, along with Gerber daisies and Sunflowers. Anyone can love a good old, Rose, but me, I like the other, less popular flowers.

I was so excited to see these pop up from the mulch in the last couple of weeks- There are some others that are sprouting up in our front lawn- but the sun doesn't shine as much there, so they are taking longer to come through.

I love that you can plant the bulbs in the fall, they are hearty enough to make it through the winter, and then bloom in the spring!
I love the color of these and soon, they will be gone- so I am debating on cutting them to put them in a vase, or to let them go and keep them outside???

Maybe I could cut one or two??

2 comments:

Paula said...

yes I agree tulips are very pretty. I'm still waiting for mine to bloom the leaves are there but no flower yet. Hmmmmmm

Granny Gus said...

Your tulips take my breath away .... they are glorious :) We can buy them here in the desert but sadly can not plant them with any success. Amazingly rose bushes flourish here .... go figure .... what a lovely anniversary/Mother's day gift to enjoy these beauties! Kisses, Rita.