Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pics to come......

We are slowly unpacking.... we did get a lot done today and tomorrow hoping to get even farther along

I have to say, there is even more peace here sooner, vs later since leaving the apartment. It is almost like a dark cloud has lifted. I guess knowing that either way, whether we were buying or renting a house, we were moving....

I will be working from home very soon, before the end of the month and this makes me so happy!!!! By cutting out my commute and being home, I will really have so much more time.... We have set up the office first since the cable guy for work is coming Monday I have the desk all in the place and then my personal computer on the other side. I am getting excited!!!!

After having our "stuff" in storage, it is feeling a little like Christmas opening boxes up. It really does come down to having too much "stuff" but it is kind of fun to open up and find long lost things.
That being said, I am trying to really look at all of it and decide to keep it, use it, recycle it - either by donating or having a garage sale. I am not sure I want to do a sale- they are so much work and I am not sure if it is worth the time and effort.
The backyard grass is mostly grown in and we have our table and grill out there- but I do have some ideas.... I am thinking lights, umbrella, and some pots for flowers . There is a small boxed planter- I think it is too late for tomatoes- so maybe something else there. I am wanting to hang my prayer flags too- but I have to do it right
Moving really sucks by the way- I am getting too old for the gypsy lifestyle.....

Well I will have some pics very soon- maybe tomorrow !!


1 comment:

Granny Gus said...

So you are feeling right with this change that has been slowly evolving into satisfaction. Anything that gets to a good place is worth the journey. I know basil can be planted now and I think mint/oregano/rosemary/thyme would probably be okay. I am amazed I planted geranium in the ground on my patio and it is glorious. I really enjoy our patio even in the heat early AM & late PM so I say light it up and hang the plants and make it your outside room :)