Thursday, October 9, 2014

Snow Globin'

Today the boys and I decided to make homemade snow globes...we went in for Christmas do-dads....but ended up getting some Halloween figurines....they were very inexpensive... all half off, I had the  glitter  at home and then we had to find glycerin in the cake baking area....

Michaels was out of it so we had to go to Hobby Lobby....even tho I really didn't want to go there!  (I really love what's at Hobby Lobby....I just do not want to support this corporation) but the boys wanted to do them today... and so did I!!!  So I was desperate and went there...

It was fun...we found out a little glitter goes a long way....black glitter can look like mud....it is not necessary to use glycerin and it takes good quality jars or recycled ones from our food jars work out best.       Check out photos below
Next we will have to do Christmas ones....

1 comment:

Granny Gus said...

what a fun idea ... very cool