Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plants and a move across country.....never a good idea


So, before I begin, I just want this out there.... I wasn't thinking.

I mean come on, 4 plants and a move to the Southwest??? Not to mention, leaving the midwest when it was hot and humid!!!

Needless to say, I had managed to keep 3 out of the 4 plants alive.... barely

The one that perished was my beloved Bamboo- it was an awesome Bamboo plant ( see previous post) but the heat and harsh life in those 3 1/2 days took it's life.....
Seriously, it was brown and fried from it.
I tried to revive it- but no such luck- I had to let it go
However, I have managed to save the other 3- one is an indoor palm tree type houseplant and the other is your run of the mill, rubber plant- not sure what the "technical" name is
Of course, I had to remove all of the brown, fried, dead leaves and water them and hope they would come back.

Oh- and the third plant is a Christmas cactus- so it is tough- the right climate- it looks great!!

You would think the way I was raised with an outdoor vegetable garden, 4-H - which many of my special projects had to do with planting/gardening, and our solar room, I would have a GREEN thumb- but no, I do not have the knack-
In fact, I have killed many plants in my day- even the hardy cactus....

1 comment:

lattegram said...

I guess you are luck you have 3 alive. That bamboo plant was nice.